The 2013 eCampaigning Forum brought together digital activists from the UK and across the world to share experience and expertise. Browse presentations and notes from discussions below, and add your own input. Or follow the whole thing ‘as live’ with the ecf2013 tweetbook.
Amelia Showalter: Obama 2012, lessons from a data-driven campaign
Hannah Lownsbrough, 38 degrees: Integrating campaigning and fundraising
How one person can launch a people powered movement
Lucy Holmes, No More Page 3 campaign
Unions and campaigners: time for an honest conversation
Eric Lee, LabourStart, Anita Gardner, IndustriALL Global Union
Developing a Global Digital Strategy
Branislava Milosevic, WSPA International
VW Dark Side
James Sadri – Greenpeace UK
Creating a blogger outreach programme
Experiences in re-activating supporters
Glyn Thomas – World Development Movement
No Dash for Gas
Danny Chivers – No Dash for Gas campaign
Build your list cheaply using Facebook promoted posts
Tomas Kovacs – Greenpeace Hungary
Surveillance, Censorship and Copyright: How digital rights issues affect the ECF community
Ruth Ogilvie – Open Rights Group
Fighting corruption in the Italian elections
Eugenio Orsi – Latte creative
10 campaigning ideas
Rachel Collinson – Engaging Networks
Small Group discussions
Thanks to all who shared notes and outputs from their discussions.
- SMS campaigning
- Creating a testing culture
- Integrating campaigning and fundraising
- Creating shareable digital content
- Campaigning in partnerships
- Writing for email
- Supporter journeys
- Tackling corporate misbehaviour
- Ethical limits to data-driven campaigning
- Low-cost campaign tools
- List growth and recruitment
- Open Source campaigning
- A world-wide influencing network
- Challenges of multi-language websites
- Dealing with distributed campaign teams
- New audiences – reaching beyond the usual suspects
- Training ‘super-activists’
- Infographics and data visualisation
- Website relaunch: things to consider
- The Next Big Thing
The eCampaigning Forum is organised by FairSay.
- Jess Day as lead facilitator.
- The presenters: Amelia Showalter former Head of Digital Analytics for the Obama 2012 campaign, Hannah Lownsbrough of 38 Degrees, Branislava Milosevic of WSPA International, James Sadri of Greenpeace UK, Lucy Holmes of No More Page 3 Campaign, Eric Lee of LabourStart, Danny Chivers of No Dash for Gas campaign, Karina Brisby and Glyn Thomas of WDM
- The volunteers: Hannah Cornford, Alex Lee, Penny East, Graham Martin and Esther Freeman. And a special thanks to Steve Smith, who beavered away getting the ecflive site ready for use, even though he couldn’t make it this year.
- The video team: Richard Roaf (alter-eco.co.uk), Caroline Puntis, Tim Dendy and Jonny Elwyn.
- Digital Leadership Forum facilitator: Sarah Fraser (Resonate Consulting).
- All the other participants for making it a great event (some say the best ever).