ECF 2019 is at Keble College.
Location: Parks Road entrance Keble College, Oxford, OX1 3PG, United Kingdom (7-10 minutes walk north from the Oxford centre). On arrival, ask at the porter’s lodge (college reception) for directions. All conference rooms have step-free access.
During the event our main base room will be the Arco rooms. Other sessions will take place in the Sloane Robinson building – event reception will be in the Sloane Robinson lobby – come and ask one of the ECF team if you need any help!
- Meeting Rooms and some accommodation: Wireless (WiFi) See instructions on your delegate badge.
- Some accommodation: Network points (no WiFi). A network cable is required. They are available for loan at the front desk (porter’s lodge) – £5 deposit.
Getting to Keble College (the ECF 2019 venue)
- Keble College’s Instructions on getting to the venue
- Keble College is just 7-10 minutes walk north from Oxford town centre, 10-15 minutes walk from the train station.
- Taxis/Cabs are relatively cheap compared to London due to the short distances
Royal Cars: 01865 777 333 (quick service)
Oxford City Cars: 01865 70 3030
Getting to Oxford
By Public Transport:
- From London by Coach (cheapest): Journey time: 1.5h ours off peak, 2-ish hours during rush hour.
From: Victoria Coach Station and many other stops depending on if it is the Oxford Tube or the Oxford X90 (both run 24 hours a day)
Alight: Gloucester Green Bus Station (Central Oxford)
- From London by Train: Journey time: 1 hour (on trains with only a few stops)
From: London Paddington station. You can find specific times and costs from the National Rail website
Alight: Oxford Train Station (there is only 1)
- From anywhere except London: National Rail website or National Express (Coach)
Arriving from abroad
- By Train to St Pancras International: see the directions From London by Coach and From London by Train
- By Air – the closest airports (in order of proximity) are:
London Heathrow (LHR) with direct buses to Oxford
Birmingham International (BHX) with direct trains from ‘Birmingham International’ to Oxford
London Gatwick (LGW) with direct buses to Oxford
Stansted Airport (STN) with a 4 hour bus journey to Oxford
Luton Airport (LTN) with buses to Oxford
London City Airport (LCY): see the directions From London by Coach and From London by Train
Getting across London
See the Transport for London site
On site accommodation is available from 2pm on day of arrival. Bag storage is available in the college bar. Ask at the porter’s lodge (college reception) when you arrive.
You need to check out of college rooms by 10am on day of departure to avoid charge for an additional day. Please leave bags for storage (and drop keys) in the college bar.